This summer, Bedford brings forth a whirlwind of arts, recreation & entertainment to it's lovely locals and vivacious visitors! Most notably: commemoration of the 'Bunyan effect' and the people who came to Bedford after the Second World War at The Higgins museum and a wide variety of shows and a show for everyone at the Corn Exchange!
Without further ado! - Here are five reasons why you should visit bedford in the summer:
1. The Food! At this time of year, Bedford town is home to several delicious food parades, featuring: Vegan cuisine, Cake tasting, Sweet Treats, Homemade & Homegrown and Beer festivals! Not forgetting the classic Fruit & Vegetable markets that have characterised the town for years! - If you're a foodie like me then Bedford is the place to be!
2. Gelato! With one of the biggest Italian populations in the country, this town sports several delicious authentic Gelato parlors. Fancy a Sundae, classic Vanilla or maybe a fruit smoothie? These Ice cream shops re-welcome their outside chairs for a chance to enjoy your favourite dessert in the sun!
3. Views at the Embankment! Bedford is famous for it's beautiful rivers and the scenery that has subsequently inspired several watercolour artists. There are several restaurants, bars, cafe's and lounges, sharing this gorgeous view - from Japanese to Italian cuisine, you can pick your favourite!
4. Summer Fashion! The history of fashion in bedford includes being the original biggest producer of Honinton 'Bobbin' lace. Currently, aside from the main high street, a visit to The Arcade reveals: independent boutiques and striking vintage shops. Here you can browse and purchase unique pieces from premium brands such as, Superga, Great Plains and Emu Australia - definitely quality you can trust! Summer fashion at the one and only - Boutique Planet, features a contrasting palette of flower print, neutral hues and vibrant block colours
5. The People! The sun isn't always dependable but you can be sure that the sunny disposition of the local Bedfordians will brighten a handful of cloudy days.